Kester R276 is a no-clean solder paste specifically designed for optimal characteristics in all types of dispensing applications. R276 is packaged void-free to insure consistent dispensing in high speed automated processes. The flow characteristics of R276 provide for excellent dispensing characteristics with a wide range of needle diameters.
Leaded Version Data Sheet
R276 Leaded Data Sheet
Lead-Free Version Data Sheet
R276 Lead-Free Data Sheet
- Excellent dispensing characteristics using 22 gage needles and Type 3 powder
- Manufactured and packaged void-free to insure the most consistent dispensibility available
- Capable of several thousands of dots per hour in high speed automated dispense equipment
- High activity on all substrates, including OSPs
- Available in leaded and lead-free alloys
- Stable tack over 8+ hours
- Compatible with Kester Easy Profile® 256 stenciling solder paste
- Classified as ROL0 per J-STD-004
- Compliant to Bellcore GR-78
- Sn63Pb37 or Sn96.5Ag3.0Cu0.5
- 87% Metal -- Dispensing (Sn63Pb37)
- 86% Metal for -325+500 mesh (SAC305)
- 86% Metal for -400+500 mesh (SAC305)
- Type 3 powder mesh powder is recommended-different sizes are available
R276 is a no-clean formula. The residues do not need to be removed for typical applications. Although R276 is designed for no-clean applications, its residues can be easily removed using automated cleaning equipment (in-line or batch) with a variety of readily available cleaning agents.
Storage and Handling
Refrigeration is the recommended optimum storage condition for solderpaste to maintain consistent viscosity, reflow characteristics and overall performance. R276 should be stabilized at room temperature prior to dispensing. R276 should be kept at standard refrigeration conditions, 0-10°C (32-50°F). When handled properly and held at 0-10°C (32-50°F), shelf life is 6 months from date of manufacture for the -325+500 mesh paste and 4 months from date of manufacture for the -400+500 mesh paste.