HM531’s robust printing characteristics result in consistent solder paste volume regardless of
idle time, stencil life and print speed. The activator package in the HM531 is very aggressive and provides superior wetting to OSP-coated PCB’s and Ag/Pd components. The outstanding batch consistency, anti-slump chemistry, consistent print volumes, solderability and cleanability make the HM531 an ideal water-soluble solder paste for any application.
- HM531 provides outstanding batch-to-batch consistency
- Excellent anti-slump characteristics minimizing bridging defects
- High print speeds up to 150 mm/s
- Excellent solderability to a wide variety of metallizations, including Palladium, leaving bright, shiny joints
- Residues easily removed with hot DI water, even up to 48 hours after soldering
- 8+ hour stencil life.
- 90% Metal – Stencil Printing and 90% Metal – Enclosed Head Printing
||Type 3 powder mesh powder is recommended-different sizes are available
Storage and Handling
- Squeegee Blade 80 to 90 durometer polyurethane or stainless steel
- Squeegee Speed Capable to a maximum speed of 150 mm/sec (6 in/sec)
- Stencil Material Stainless Steel, Molybdenum, Nickel Plated, Brass
- Temperature/Humidity Optimal ranges are 21-25°C (70-77°F) and 30-70% RH
- Refrigeration is the recommended optimum storage condition for solder paste to maintain consistent viscosity, reflow characteristics, and overall performance.
- HM531 should be stabilized at room temperature prior to printing. li>
- HM531 should be kept at standard refrigeration conditions, 0-10°C (32-50°F) li>
- Shelf life is 6 months from date of manufacture when handled properly and held at 0-10°C (32-50°F)
- HM531 residues are best removed using automated cleaning equipment (in-line or batch) within 48 hours of soldering. De-ionized water is recommended for the final rinse. Water temperatures should be 49–60°C(120-140°F). Kester’s 5768 Bio-Kleen® saponifier can also be used in a 1-2% ratio for aqueous cleaning systems.