The EnviroMarkTM 907 is a no clean lead free solder paste designed to meet the requirements for reliable solder joints in Printed Circuit Board Assemblies (PCB). The
paste flux system allows joint appearances that closely resemble that achieved with SnPb alloys.
EM907 is capable of stencil printing downtimes up to 60 minutes with an effective first print down to
20 mils without any kneading. EM907 also exhibits excellent continual printability for fine pitch (0.4mm/16 mils) and is able to print at high speeds up to 6”/s (150 mm/s).
- Lead free joints that closely resemble those achieved with SnPb solder paste
- Excellent solderability to a wide variety of surface metallizations, including Ni/Au, Im Sn and Im Ag
- High print speeds up to 150 mm/s
- Capable of 60 minute break times in printing
- Excellent printing characteristics to 16 and 20 mils pitch
- EM907 is a no-clean formula. The residues do not need to be removed for typical applications.
- Sn96.5Ag3.5 alloys
- 88.5% Metal – Stencil Printing
- Type-3 and Type-4 standard
SMT Stencil aperture design and stencil quality are major factors in
achieving excellent print consistency with any lead free solder paste. Laser Cut SMT Stencils from Stencils Unlimited are recommended for optimal print performance, and can be custom designed to minimize and improve the yields of any process. Some general SMT stencil aperture design guidelines follow:
Storage and Handling
- Squeegee Blade 80 to 90 durometer polyurethane or stainless steel
- Squeegee Speed Capable to a maximum speed of 150 mm/sec (6 in/sec)
- Stencil Material Stainless Steel, Molybdenum, Nickel Plated, Brass
- Temperature/Humidity Optimal ranges are 21-25°C (70-77°F) and 35-65% RH
- Refrigeration is the recommended optimum storage condition for solder paste to maintain consistent viscosity, reflow characteristics, and overall performance.
- EM907 should be stabilized at room temperature prior to printing.
- EM907 should be kept at standard refrigeration temperatures, 0-10°C (32-50°F).
- Shelf life is 4 months from date of manufacture and held at 0-10°C (32-50°F).
- EM907 is a no-clean formula. The residues do not need to be removed for typical applications. Although EM907 is designed for no-clean applications, its residues can be easily removed using automated cleaning equipment (in-line or batch) with a variety of readily available cleaning agents.